How Online Hypnotherapy Can Help
Online hypnotherapy can empower people to change their emotional pain, so they can take control of their lives, feel calmer and become inspired to learn. I’m able to show you how.
Everyone is unique, but it is likely that your problem is shared by many. Here are a few wishes I regularly help with:
To stop feeling overwhelmed…
- by the demands of juggling work and home life
- by decisions that are making you feel anxious
- by the demands of exams
- after the loss of a loved one
To take back control…
- when your confidence and self-esteem has hit your all time low
- when you have a relationship that is tearing you apart
Not only will you get help to break the unnecessary daily stress, but you also get new healthy and positive ways of coping. Smoking, overeating and other bad habits can be a thing of the past; nothing should stop you from loving life
It’s time to take back control and change.
The Benefits of Online Hypnotherapy
Online hypnosis has many benefits.
- Cost effectiveness. No travelling to the hypnotherapist’s office so no associated travelling costs. No additional cost to your time with travelling. You know what you need to pay before the delivery of hypnotherapy, and you can pay directly online so you can budget wisely.
- Comfort. You can sit in the comfort of your own home in your favourite armchair or in your office where you know you won’t be disturbed. And you can be comfortable at home in your dressing gown if your wish!
- Practical solutions. Online hypnosis can be offered at a mutually convenient time for you and Linda, wherever you are in the world. Its also great for people who live a long way away or have mobility problems that make it difficult to travel.
Why choose Linda?
- Linda has been trained in the delivery of online therapy.
- Highly qualified as a hypnotherapist, counsellor and trainer. She specialises in helping people who are suffering with stress and anxiety issues.
- Experience. Her business was established in 2007 and she works full time helping people like you.
- She uses research and evidence to support her ways of working.
- She is an ethical practitioner. This means that she works to a code of conduct and always wants to do the best for clients.
- She will teach you new skills such as self-hypnosis so you can continue to use the benefits of hypnosis after the sessions have finished.
Some Common Questions About Online Hypnotherapy
When is online hypnotherapy appropriate?
Online hypnotherapy, like any other therapy, is not suitable for everyone. For example, if you don’t like using computers or have a poor internet connection, or if you have medical conditions that are contraindicated for the use of hypnosis.
Online hypnotherapy is appropriate for you if:
- You want hypnosis at a convenient time for you.
- You want to ensure privacy by talking from your own home.
- You want to reduce costs.
- You want to reduce travelling time.
- You feel nervous about going out.
- You are disabled or have a mobility problem that makes travelling difficult.
- You live a long way from a hypnotherapist.
- You are looking for the best hypnotherapist to meet your specific needs.
The types of problems that clinical hypnosis can help with is vast. You can get help for performance problems such as a fear of public speaking, stage fright, wedding day nerves or socialising and meeting new people.
Online hypnotherapy can help with work related problems such as procrastination, test anxiety, nervousness at work, dealing with bullying and much more.
Online hypnotherapy can also help with personal issues such as low confidence, low self-esteem, fears and phobias, anxiety, managing difficult relationships, some medical conditions including IBS, some skin problems, and pain.
Why does online hypnosis work?
It works because you want it to work. The services of Linda from Awaken the Change are for educational and self- improvement purposes. Linda is not a medical doctor, however she uses many different techniques to empower you to use that hypnotic state to feel relaxed and receive the best positive suggestions to make a difference.
Just like any other therapies it’s a partnership, so there are no guarantees that you will get the outcome that you want, but you can be assured that you will get a professional and caring service that continues to be widely researched and used successfully around the world.
Why online hypnosis is safe
Hypnosis is considered safe if it is delivered by a qualified hypnotherapist.
Linda ensures that your online hypnosis is safe because she checks things and asks you about your health before commencement.
Linda also gives you hypnotic suggestions at the beginning of the hypnosis session that tell you to open your eyes and become alert again if the connection is lost.
She gives you lots of information prior to hypnosis so you will know what will happen if the computer freezes or gets disconnected and she will offer you another appointment if this happens.
How does online hypnosis work?
There is evidence that hypnosis has been used for years but no one knows exactly how it works.
There are several theories that help us to understand it more, especially since we can now see the changes that hypnosis makes when people have fMRI scans when hypnotised.
Lots of people today think it’s a cognitive process.
What is the difference between stage hypnotists, hypnotists and hypnotherapists?
A stage hypnotist uses some of the same techniques that a hypnotherapist might use but the intention is very different. Stage hypnotists use hypnosis to hypnotise people for entertainment. They use fast methods to induce trance and they only like to work with people who are easily hypnotised and willing to come up on the stage.
Hypnotherapists or clinical hypnotists as they are also called, use hypnosis to empower people to change something in their lives. Often hypnotherapists also use counselling and psychotherapy skills with hypnosis.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), a type of counselling with hypnosis, has been shown to be more effective in some cases than hypnosis used alone. Many hypnotherapists have other supporting qualifications such as counselling and coaching or alternative or complementary therapies such as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT).
Some hypnotists and hypnotherapists also call themselves clinical hypnotists or clinical hypnotherapists. This usually means that they help people with health-related conditions, but not everyone uses the word clinical.
If you want something to change, such as a fear of public speaking, general anxiety, or some medical conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) choose a hypnotherapist or clinical hypnotist.
What can I expect in an online hypnotherapy session?
To get started you will need the ability to connect securely online. This means that you need a computer with a fast internet connection, a webcam and can use either Skype, Zoom or Vsee. If you don’t have a Skype or Zoom account it’s easy to go online and sign up, and it’s free.
Every client will need to be assessed to check that they are suitable for online hypnosis as there are medical contraindications such as epilepsy and mental health conditions. If online hypnosis is not considered suitable then counselling or signposting to an appropriate person or agency will be suggested. This is to ensure that you get the best help for you.
Because Linda works in an ethical way, she will ask you to complete the initial consultation form found here to provide her with information about you. It’s important that Linda knows what you like to be called especially if you have a nickname. She will only hypnotise adults online and will need your telephone number, email address and connection details.
If it is agreed that online hypnosis is right for you, a convenient date will be booked and hypnosis can start. Every session starts with a review of your progress. You will then be asked to get comfortable.
If you don’t have the right equipment, or if the cost is a major concern, Linda can offer audio downloads for some issues. Check out her MP3 audio hypnosis downloads here.
What you must do before commencing an online hypnosis session
Step 1. Before booking
- Complete the initial free consultation form
- Linda will respond, usually within 48 hours, and suggest a date and time that you can talk on the telephone or via Skype or Zoom.
- The initial consultation provides an opportunity for you to ask questions and briefly state what you would like help with. This is so that you know that the service is right for you and that we can work together.
Step 2. Moving Forward.
- If you wish to move forward, you will agree a time and date for treatment to commence during the free consulation.
- Linda will ask you to complete an online registration form. This is to provide more details about you and your health and wellbeing.
- Make your payment online.
Step 3. On the day…
- Check the date that we agreed to connect.
- Check your environment. Make sure no one will come into the room to disturb you. Put a sign on the door if you need to.
- If you really want someone in the room with you that’s ok if you tell Linda first, but please ask them to be quiet and not to move around when you are being hypnotised. They need to sit at the back of the room.
- Check your computer equipment and make sure everything is plugged in.
- Keep pets out of the room.
- Turn off any music or TV in the room.
- Remove tea, coffee or other foods and drinks away from the computer area. You don’t want them to get knocked over. You cannot eat or drink during the session, but you can drink as soon as you open your eyes after hypnosis if you wish.
- Check the battery power on your mobile phone is charged. Turn your phone to vibrate and place it on the table next to you so you can hear and see it vibrate.
- Boot up your computer, check that your webcam is on and get a comfortable armchair to sit on.
- Sit in front of your computer so that Linda can see your full face, shoulders and down to your waist.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Don’t wear bangles or other jewellery that might make a noise if you move in hypnosis.
- Go to the toilet just before the session starts as you don’t want a full bladder when you are in hypnosis.
- Tell a friend and ask them to sit in the next room if it makes you feel better.