Counselling for Stress or Anxiety
Help for Stress & Anxiety
Are you feeling overwhelmed and worrying about something?
Online counselling help can start here.
Perhaps you feel anxious. Maybe you get those butterfly feelings in your tummy, your mind keeps going over and over the same things or you feel out of control.
There are lots of physical and emotional feelings associated with stress and anxiety. But you know that you want it to stop.
Stress and anxiety often are considered the same but there are differences. Stress is about the pressures and demands on you. This might be triggered by a situation such as too much work and deadlines, moving to a new house or preparing to go on holiday.
Anxiety is an apprehension about the feelings you get. It’s known as a ‘fight or flight’ response. Sometimes you can’t find a cause because everything makes you feel anxious or worried.
If you are suffering with anxiety for more than 3 months you might have an anxiety disorder, so you are advised to get a check- up from your doctor to rule out any medical causes. Also occasionally some medication may contribute to feelings of anxiety so you do need to check.
Identifying Stress or Anxiety
How many of these can you say ‘yes’ to?
- Overthinking about a problem or several problems
- Worrying about your health even though you have had a health check and been told you are ok
- Worry about lots of things
- Getting bouts of nausea or sickness for no reason
- Getting panic attacks
- Noticing aches and pains in your back or joints
- Feeling irritable with people
- Feeling confused
- Sweating a lot
- Either overeating or not eating enough
- Increased coffee or cola consumption
- Decreased sex drive
- Panic attacks
- Biting your nails
- Substance abuse
- Pulling your hair out
- Difficulty sleeping
If you want to change and feel better, you can get help for all these issues.
Awaken the Change provides…
- Counselling at my Bournemouth practice, by telephone, or online via Vsee
- A free 30-minute initial consultation via webcam or telephone
- An assessment of your needs with an agreement on the best way forward
- One-hour counselling sessions at weekly intervals (Many people need 1 – 6 sessions but further sessions can be booked depending on the issue)
- A free relaxation audio recording (MP3) to listen to at home
Contact Linda by using the form below, or by telephone on 01202 248468.
N.B. Counselling online may not be suitable for all clients and may not be available for some clients.
There is lots of research to show that counselling for stress and anxiety helps. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is particularly helpful so this is the main method of helping you when you contact Linda.