Dealing with Difficult People at Work
We all need to deal with difficult people sometimes. It might be on the telephone, or face to face. ‘Difficult people’ can make us all feel stressed, or uncomfortable.
This workshop will help anyone who wants to feel better when other people’s behaviour gets difficult. The content will be adapted to meet specific needs, and will give you a toolkit of proven techniques to take away and use throughout your life.
Good customer care is at the heart of good organisations. During Linda’s career she was a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager. This involved helping people who had problems, or wanted to complain.
Linda believes that the key to handling situations involving ‘difficult people’ is to focus on three things…
- to listen while detaching yourself emotionally
- to understand what is being said and what isn’t being said
- to communicate to the person clearly that you want to help.
Linda’s success in this field was rewarded when in 2009 she won a Customer Service Award.
The Dealing with Difficult People at Work workshop is an introductory session and is packed with practical ways and information to take away. A Certificate of Attendance is provided for CPD purposes.
Contact Linda on 01202 248468 to find out more.
- Discuss reasons why people display difficult behaviours
- Learn about stress reactions
- Find out techniques to be safe
- Discover how to defuse difficult situations
- Reflect on the things you should and should not say to people who are behaving badly
- Understand the importance of debriefing and looking after yourself in stressful encounters
- Practice a relaxation technique