Lots of people say to me that they can’t relax. My answer is that they just haven’t learnt how to relax.
In this blog, I would like to tell you a few different ways that you can relax. Not every way is right for every person but if you are feeling stressed, anxious and want to relax this might help.
- Do Mindfulness
- Do Self – hypnosis or see a hypnotherapist
- Gentle exercise such as walking
- Have a massage
- Use complementary therapies such as acupuncture, acupressure, aromatherapy, reflexology or EFT
- Practice deep breathing
- Do Progressive Muscular Relaxation
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Soak in a warm bath
- Listen to music
- Be with close friends and loved ones
- Squeeze a stress ball
- Visualise positive things
- Write things down that are on your mind
- Watch a comedy film
- Stroke your dog or cat
- Take a holiday
- Talk with friends
What else could you add to this list? And if you still can’t relax and feel anxious then its time to get a health check and maybe see a therapist.